Action Cancer is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Action Cancer may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 5th May 2011.
What we do not collect
We do not collect or store credit card information. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Name and address
• Contact information including email address
• Demographic information such as postcode
• Details linked to any event that you have registered for
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to acknowledge your donation, register you for an event or request services information to be sent on reply. It helps Action Cancer to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our fundraising events or services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new events or services which we think you may find interesting using the email address/postal address which you have provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can tick to indicate that you do not want to be contacted about other events or services.
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information to be contacted, you may change your mind at any time by writing to Action Cancer House, 1 Marlborough Park, Belfast, Co Antrim, BT9 6XS or emailing us at [email protected]
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to
Action Cancer House,
1 Marlborough Park,
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Refund or Cancellation policy
It will be at Action Cancer's Discretion and under certain circumstances that we will offer refunds for event cancellations.