Fundraising for Action Cancer can be a rewarding experience for schools. It can help pupils build communication skills, help with personal development by giving students responsibility, and develop their commitment and organisational skills though planning events.
Whatever your plans, we can help. We can provide materials such as t-shirts, balloons and banners, and can help promote your activities through local newspapers and social media.
Some Schools’ Fundraising Ideas that have worked well in the past include:
- Concert - Hold a concert or fun talent show in the school and donate ticket sales to Action Cancer
- Don a Onsie – Nothing says fundraising like going to school in your PJs! Ask your family & friends to sponsor you
- Cake Sale - Hold a cake sale in school and ask your family (& teachers!) to bake something to sell
- Quiz Night – Hold a quiz night in your local hall. Don’t forget to include a raffle
- Sponsored Walk – Get the whole year group or school involved, get outside and get walking – 5K is a good challenge. Add hats & shades for a Spring/Summer walk to reinforce Action Cancer's Safe Sun advice!
- Non Uniform Day – The oldies are the goodies! A uniform free day is a great way to raise funds at school
- Bag Pack - Talk to your local super market to see if you can pack bags for their customers
- Get Creative!- Create your own fundraising event in school- try something fun & whacky
If you would like more information on fundraising or our schools services contact our Schools Fundraising Officer, Rebecca, on 028 9080 3343 or email [email protected]
To find more information about the health promotion programmes we provide for schools click here