Lough2Lough is Action Cancer’s newest challenge event that will see participants cycle a total of 50 miles, from the shores of Lough Neagh to the shores of Strangford Lough, to raise funds for Action Cancer’s prevention, detection and support services.
Taking mainly ‘B’ roads and minor roads, the route passes through pretty country scenery and villages and small towns, including Hillsborough where there will be a cheer station and the opportunity for cyclists to refresh and refuel before taking on the last stage of this challenge.
The varied route means that there is something on offer for cyclists of all abilities. It could be used as a training run for the hardened cyclist but at 50 miles, the event also presents an achievable challenge to those new to the sport, especially with the help of our training advice and support.
Most importantly of all, by taking part in this challenge you'll be supporting and raising money that will help Action Cancer save and support those affect by cancer in Northern Ireland. So, what are you waiting for?
- Lough2Lough Cycle
- Date: Sunday 15th September 2019
- Registration Time: 8:30am
- Start Time: 9:30am
- Activity Provider: Latitude Events
- Route: The ride starts next to the UK’s largest sea lough (Neagh) and ends at the UK’s largest freshwater lough (Strangford).
- Finish Point: Daft Eddies, Sketrick
- Registration Fee: £50 per person
- Minimum Sponsorship: £250 per person
- A fully signed and well marshalled route, with mile markers
- Complimentary snacks and water at rest stops
- Fundraising Pack filled with ideas and inspiration to help you smash your target
- PDF Route Map
- Fundraising Support
- Training guidance
- Medical Support
- Mechanical Support
- Goodie bag for all participants
- Complimentary post-event BBQ Feast
Please note the following restrictions apply:
- For safety reasons, we have a maximum capacity of 100 participants, and registration will close when this is reached. We strongly encourage anyone wishing to take part to register as soon as possible in order to avoid disappointment.
- Everyone cycling with the group must be a registered participant and have a reasonable level of fitness.
- Everyone cycling in the group must have completed the medical declaration and returned it to [email protected] by noon on Wednesday 11th September 2019.
- ONLY registered Guide and Assistance dogs are permitted on the walk.
- Minimum age of participation: 16 years old. Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult.
You can book your place online using the form below or by contacting Lynn Sanderson as follows:
E: [email protected]
T: 028 9080 3349.
Roll up and take a spin for Action Cancer!