NEW YORK CITY MARATHON
Give Cancer The Boot
Throughout the months of June & July Action Cancer is helping to raise awareness of male specific cancers and we need your club to help us!
We are targeting local football clubs and asking you to organize a 6–a-side charity tournament in June or July 2014. As this is World Cup year we hope that lots of you will sign up and take part!
All we ask is that you complete a registration form for your club and return to us with a registration fee of £20.
You will then receive a fundraising pack which will contain the following:
- Posters/Flyers to advertise your tournament in-house
- One free football per club
- Free water bottles for all players
- Z cards/ Information on male specific cancers
- T-shirts for each team captain
- Sponsorship Forms for each player
- Free £5 bet per player
Email [email protected]
for more details and to receive your pack.
Sunday 2nd November 2014 Action Cancer, in conjunction with Sports Travel International Ltd, are thrilled to announce places in the New York City Marathon 2014, one of the world's greatest participatory events and a wonderful spectacle for supporters. Walkers as well as runners are welcome to participate - the Finish Line is open for at least 8 hours, so there's no excuse! The Marathon starts from Staten Island, and runs through all 5 city boroughs (Staten Island, Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx, Manhattan), finishing in Central Park
We also welcome non-running partners, family and friends on the tour to cheer you along on the big day! In order to register to run the New York City Marathon on behalf of Action Cancer, a booking deposit of £575 per person (runner and non-runner) is required to guarantee your place. This can be paid in 2 instalments of £287.50. Minimum sponsorship is also required, contact us for more details. Guaranteed race entry and travel arrangements are by Sports Travel International Ltd.
The Tour includes:
• Return flights from Belfast to JFK incl Irish government tax, US arrivals and departure taxes, airline security charges.
• 5 nights Accommodation at the 4* New York Westin Hotel, including city tax, occupancy tax, US tourist tax and obligatory baggage charges.
• Return Airport transfers in New York on tour dates.
• Transport to the race start on Staten Island (runners only).
• Sports Travel International guaranteed Marathon race entry, which includes International Friendship Run Entry, an excellent Pasta Party, Post-Race Party & Disco, Sports Expo, 2 New York City Marathon T-Shirts, Certificate and Medal.
• A Celebration Dinner at a bar/restaurant in Central NYC.
• Travel Insurance
• Services of Sports Travel International guides.
• The security of a fully Licensed and Bonded travel agency.
• Action Cancer running vest. In order to guarantee your place on this once in a lifetime challenge, please contact Lucy or Emma on 028 90803344 or email [email protected] or [email protected]
Institute of Fundraising Award Winners
Action Cancer staff representatives receiving the Institute of Fundraising NI 2010 Award for 'Event of the Year' with the charities Ballygowan Pink MoonLight Walk. The 10-mile city centre evening walk, now in its 2nd year, is the biggest event the charity has, and has raised over £300k for Action Cancer's unique breast screening service.